Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What Do You Think ??

Ok so I had to write some this morning. I have to clear some of this out of my head. So I thought I would post a little teaser. These are the first few paragraphs of Chapter 1 in my story. Read away and let me know what you think. Please be brutally honest. I promise I can handle the truth.

There was something so strange about it. Ever since the final battle last Friday, the sun had shown so brightly every day. It seemed so unfair that this spring was so perfect when they were all so filled with grief. Harry was lying on his back in the middle of the field behind the Burrow. This had become his hiding place over the last week. That first night after the battle he had stayed at Hogwarts. The next morning Ron wouldn’t take no for an answer and made him go back to the Burrow with the rest of the family. He didn’t want to be there. He felt so guilty it was choking him. There was such a cloud that hung over everything. Fred was gone. And George may as well have been too. He just sat in the corner of his old bedroom staring into space. He wouldn’t even come down to eat. Mrs. Weasley was pitiful, bursting into sobs every 5 minutes. Ron was just so angry, snapping everyone’s head off at the drop of a hat. And Ginny….that one hurt the most. She looked at him with this anxious look in her eyes, expecting something, any sign of life from him. He couldn’t bear to look at her. It was just too hard. He wasn’t ready for this. And what was this? If this was what life after the war was going to be like, Harry thought he might prefer the old tent in the woods instead.

He had been to so many funerals in the past few days. They had all started to run together. Hermione insisted they attend as many of them as possible. Colin Creeley’s was very hard. His muggle family had a hard time understanding what was going on and what had happened. Yesterday had been the worst yet, for Remus and Tonks. He had seen his godson for the first time. Little Teddy looked like his mom, with his bright turquoise hair. He squirmed and cried all during the service. It was like he knew that all this was wrong, that his parents should still be here with him. Mrs. Tonks had tried to get me to hold him. I just couldn’t, it was just too much. People were constantly coming up and shaking my hand, congratulating me. He just wanted to scream. DON”T YOU SEE! DON”T YOU CARE, THEY ARE DEAD!

So he had retreated back to this field, with the grass up to his knees. He laid here for hours on end, almost invisible. That was exactly what he wanted to be right now.


“Ron, is Harry in there with you?” Hermione stopped short of opening the door. She didn’t want to take the chance that Ron was in there changing.

“I haven’t seen him all morning, he was already gone when I woke up.”

Hermione could feel the tears starting again.

3 comments:

Arlene G said...

More please...

Anonymous said...

i cant wait to read some more!

Melanie said...

I'm loving it, Christy! I can't wait till you write some more! It feels like I'm getting addicted to Harry Potter all over again!