Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tuesday Musings

Hope all is well. I am so enjoying the cooler weather this week. It is amazing how much more pleasant I am when I don't sweat, LOL. I went to the new Chili's in Decatur last night with Paige, Kelly & Jennifer from work. Jennifer is our baby. She makes me thankful every day that I will never have to be 19 again. She can make me feel so old sometimes, but she is the sweetest thing ever. Kelly is too much like me for her own good. We get along great. She and I both are fairly mellow. If Kelly & I are pissed, you had better run because it won't be pretty. And lord knows that Paige is one of a kind. I love her dearly, like a little sister, but sometimes I want to smash her head in. She makes such stupid choices !!! She is leaving us in about 4 weeks to move to Birmingham with her fiancee. Lord help, there are SO many things to say about that, very few are good. I wish her well but I would be lying if I said I thought it would work. That means we are on the hunt for a new assistant at work. Heaven help me !!!!! Dr Hardy hates change and is so dragging his feet about interviewing people. I try to tell him that even though Kelly & I are good, LOL, we can't handle THAT much by ourselves. I am giving him until Friday and then I am going to try to nudge him in the right direction. I need a vacation !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am very worried right now. There is something wrong with my oldest baby, Frosty. He will be 8 years old this fall but he is really sick. He has lost a lot of weight in the last month or so, just skin and bones. Nothing seems to help. I talked to one of our patients today who is real active in the Humane Society and is a real cat expert. After giving her all the symptoms, she thinks Frost has diabetes. Who knew cats could get diabetes !!!! Lord knows mine would. I am taking him to the vet Friday afternoon so they can do some blood work. My poor baby !!! I am so scared they are going to tell me something is bad wrong and we have to put him to sleep. I would be devastated. Wish us luck Friday. Bye for now

3 comments:

Jaime said...

i hope things go well with frosty. maybe he just needs to be on a special diet...bobby will have to stop giving out all those treats!

Anonymous said...

was chilis good? poor snow i hope he will be okay!!!

azhulsey said...

Aww, get well soon, Frosty :(