Saturday, August 9, 2008

Handbags, Happiness & Other Fun

It was a long week this week for some reason. I know it had to have been for my teacher friends too. Maybe it's the hot weather that makes it so unbearable. I can't wait for fall to be here. I love all the leaves, the football of course and going outside & being able to BREATH ! Not only that, there is so much fun to look forward too. I have birthdays, babies & a movie to look forward too yippee. All these summer blues and an article I read in a magazine got me to thinking. What things always make me happy? The article said everyone should have a list of fail safe things guaranteed to bring a smile & brighten your day. So, here is a list of my top things

1. Kendall's laugh
2. a new purse
3. the sound of my friends voices and laughter mingled together
4. anything Harry Potter
5. The smell & feel of a brand new unopened book
6. a really good black ink pen
7. the sound of a purring cat
8. butterflies
9. sour cream & onion lays potato chips w/ a big icy diet Dr pepper
10. anything with penguins, owls or fat little blue birds

I challenge all my blogging friends to think about what makes them smile. We can all look back on these lists on horrible days and remember to smile! I would love to see some blog posts this weekend. I think we are all lagging on our blog duties and I am ready to read about some back to school hijinks's, LOL. Oh and I thought I would leave you with a little quote. I got it off of a commercial for the show "Private Practice", the "Grey's Anatomy" spin-off. The lead character was saying something about "using handbags to fill the sexual void". Enlightening, LOL. I guess now I know why I need so many new purses ! HA HA. Have a fab weekend all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is hilarious christy. and i love the shoutout to kendall! :-)

Jaime said...

what a quote! :O) i like your happy thoughts idea. i have something similar on my 101 list that i need to work on. i am going to blog today. i know i have been slacking! i'm still adjusting to working life!!

Melanie said...

Thanks for all your encouraging words on my blogs. I need them! I love your happy list idea. I'm thinking of mine and I will be posting it soon. I'm also looking forward to the Fall. I hope you have a great week!

azhulsey said...

I love the idea of the happy list. I'm going to think about my own and post it soon. I also LOVE a good ink pen. You know, it's the little things in life that matter!!