Thursday, July 31, 2008

Centered

Hello all, I know I promised to be a little better with my blogging this week. I think about 3 a week is about as much as I can squeeze in. I guess I just haven't had much to chitter about this week. I had a super lunch today with Amelia, Jaime & Amanda. The center of attention was, of course, the cutest little girl in the world, Miss Kendall Elizabeth. She is absolutely, positively the cutest little girl ever. You can't help but smile when you are around her. Of course, Aunt Christy is a totally objective observer, LOL !!! I will miss J & the girls when they start back to school next week. I know they stay pretty busy during the school year. We will just have to make more of an effort to get together.

After I got back to lunch from work, I was in an oddly reflective mood. I couldn't help but notice how genuinely happy I was. That is pretty unusual for me. I have spent the majority of the last 34 years in a fairly dark & lonely place. I am the world's greatest actress so I have been able to fool people for years. But I can honestly say I have never been in a better place. During the last few months, so much as just seemed to have clicked into place in my head. It was like after all this time, the veil has lifting and everything is more clear, making perfect sense. I know who I am, what I am and what I believe. I am no longer willing to bend or break this for anyone or anything. I am fortunate enough to have surrounded myself with the friends & the environment that allows me to be happily me with no judgement or pressure to change. I have lost patience with people who are not thoughtful, or who are self centered. There is no need for a big production or dramatic scene. If there are people in your orbit that make you less than happy, then remove them. It isn't as easy as it sounds, or as simple, but it is just necessary. I feel like I am finally in a place where I can start doing the things I have always dreamed of. I have always wanted to write. My head has been full of stories for years. It is time I start the tell these stories, introduce the world to my characters. I hope to start this soon. I don't care if I ever get published or if anyone else ever even reads anything I write. I just think is would be a shame if all this just stayed in my head. Lord knows it is a cluttered place up there, LOL LOL !!

Well, I have done enough rambling for one night. One my obsessive notes, I was fortunate enough to get my grubby paws on an advance copy of "Breaking Dawn" before Friday night. OMG !!!! Wild book, not at all what I was thinking. Incredible story though. I will read anything Stephanie Meyer chooses to write. She has a real gift. I also discovered something new & fun today while digging around on the internet. On the big Harry Potter fan sites there is a section called "fan fiction". I had seen it before but never thought anything about it. Turns out tons of people have written loads of stories about the characters. What would have happened next? What if things had ended differently? I read several really good stories, especially about Ron & Hermione. Who knows, maybe I will write one of my own sometime. If you are a HP fan, you should definitely check some of them out.

Chow for now, I have a busy morning tomorrow then a super 31 party at my friend Kelly's hosted by none other than the 31 guru herself, JME! She has promised we will play games, YIPPPEE !!!!

4 comments:

Jaime said...

i heart your blog! lunch was super, and i agree with you about removing people from your orbit! lol. i'm so glad that you feel happy. that makes me happy!! i can't wait to read your stories...even if they are HP ones. can't wait til tomorrow!!!

Melanie said...

Super blog, Christy! You sound like you are truly happy and I'm so glad for you. I've also always wanted to write, but I don't have the confidence in my skills needed to put things down on paper. Maybe I can overcome that sometime. I can't wait to read some of your stories, if you'll let me! I know some people are uncomfortable with others reading their work. You're so creative, I bet you come up with the neatest characters!

azhulsey said...

I heart insightful blogs!! I love those "ah-ha" moments in life when you realize what is most important. I'm so glad that you are in a happy place. You so deserve it!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! I think we have both done some growing and realizing important things this summer. You put it much more eloquently than I do though. :-) I will have to check out the Fan Fiction....See you tonight!