Thursday, July 17, 2008

Randomness on a Thursday

I have been slacking seriously on my blogging this week. It has been insanely busy at work so when I do get home, I am totally wiped out. Plus, since I stare at a computer all day, the last thing I want to do is get back on the computer when I get home. So I thought I would take this quite morning before patients come in to chitter about some the randomness running around in my head.

I got to watch the first episode of "Project Runway" last night. LOVE THIS SHOW!!!! When I was a little girl, my deepest dream was to become a fashion designer. I would spend hours and hours with my Barbie dolls & the boxes of clothes I had for them. I would beg my mom to buy me fashion & bridal magazines so that I could cut them up and save the pictures I liked. I had 2 major flaws in my master plan though. #1 is that I can't sew at all, not even putting a button back on. I have been banned from my mom's sewing machine for years, ever since I broke it once trying to make Barbie clothes. My #2 problem is that I can't draw at all, except stick men and some doodle flowers. That kinda makes getting the ideas out of my head and onto paper somewhat more difficult. Even though I abandoned the design dream, this show gets me so excited. It is exactly the sort of thing that I would love. Plus, they always find the craziest, oddest folks to be on it. I highly recommend checking it out sometimes. Lord knows it is much better than the garbage reality shows like Rock of Love or Tila Tequila!!!

For all my scrappy friends, you HAVE to check out this new blog I found. It is http://aussiescrapsource.typepad.com/aussie_scrap_source/ . Not only has it do tons of great ideas, they are also posting previews of all the new stuff that is coming out this fall. For those who don't know, this weekend is the huge CHA (craft & hobby association) show in Chicago. This is where all the scrapbook companies go and introduce their new stuff to the buyers for all the stores & websites. The companies started posting previews earlier this week. This site has the best of any I have seen. I get so excited looking at the new stuff. I need to start saving now because I am seeing so much stuff I desperately need (HA HA).

So I guess I had better get going. The dementors of Blue Cross are calling. Have a great day all!!!!

4 comments:

azhulsey said...

I love the scrapbook link. I saw a couple of collections that I HAVE to get my hands on!

Jaime said...

that link is dangerous! there's so much cute stuff! i can't wait til it gets in the stores.

Melanie said...

I'm completely in love with all the new items coming out! Thanks for posting the link!

Anonymous said...

I watched Project Runway too! It was pretty good, and i agree, much better than the sleazy vh1 and mtv shows!