Saturday, July 19, 2008

Out of the Blue !!!!!!!




Well Jaime hinted in her blog about my windfall and here are the first photos to show it. Last night Dr Hardy calls and starts asking me random scrapbook questions. I couldn't figure out what he wanted. He never really pays much attention to all my scrapbook foolishness. Then he drops the bombshell on me.
Back around the first of the year, the scrapbook store in Decatur moved out of the Big Lots shopping center and into one of Dr. Hardy's buildings on 6th ave. I remember joking at the time that I should get a discount since I worked for the landlord. About 2 months or so after the move, the owner declared bankruptcy and went out of business. I remember him sending our handyman over to clean up the place so he could rent the building again but that was the last I heard about it. Come to find out she just walked off and left her ENTIRE !!! inventory behind. She told Dr. Hardy that since she has lost her house and was living in an apartment, she had no where to keep the stuff. He told her that he would hold if for a couple of months, but that if he hadn't heard from her by July 16th, then everything was his. All this stuff has been sitting in his storage building. Thankfully it FINALLY dawned on him that maybe Christy might want the stuff. So Daddy & I went and picked everything up this morning. OH MY LORD !!! You will not believe everything that is in this. There are tons & tons of paper, stickers, pens and more. I just skimmed over the tops of the boxes. These pictures are the back of Daddy's truck before we unload it all. I have been given a real scrapbook store. I will post tons more pictures as I start going through this stuff. Ladies, if we do get to have a scrapbook day this Friday, I will be supplying all the materials. Of course my scrappy friends will get first dibs before I start flooding ebay with the rest. Wish me luck !!

4 comments:

Jaime said...

i can't wait!!! we are so on for friday.

azhulsey said...

Wow! I am so excited and proud for you!! What an amazing surprise :)

Anonymous said...

That is awesome Christy! Dr Hardys stock is rising in my book! :-)

Melanie said...

You have been blessed, my friend!!! I can't wait till Friday!