Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Long Time No Blog

I can't believe it has been 2 weeks since I have posted. It is such a busy time of year. I finally got both Christmas trees put up. I would be one of those crazy folks with like 10 trees, all with different themes, if I had my own house. I have the most fab little tree in my scrapbook room. It is all purple and other bright colors with all my owls and penguins on it. I also have some Paris stuff on it too. Totally me.

Last Saturday I went to Nashville with the girls for our annual shopping trip. Usually we spend the night but since Landon is so small, we decided to just make it an all day thing. Opry Mills was crazy as always. I go the most incredible deal on a Fossil Alabama purse at the outlet. It is a $118 purse I have been lusting over for a couple of years. It was marked down to $29.99 with an extra 25% off. I was just stupid giddy with myself. The girls were so laughing at me dancing around in the store. It was the shopping find of the millennium.

Sunday I went to a baby shower for Jennifer. I can't believe she is having twin girls. She got so many wonderful things. It makes my biological clock start ticking louder and louder. I would give anything to have a baby. Unfortunately, it just doesn't appear to be in the cards for me. I guess I will just have to shower all my love on my niece and nephews. Yes, please note that I said nephews. Jaime found out Monday that we are adding another little boy to the family. It makes my heart swell just thinking about little Noah Emerson coming. From the day I met Jaime, she has always wanted a little boy named Noah. It brings tears to my eyes to think that he is finally on his way. I am so happy for her and Brandon.

This weekend I get to have my first Christmas gathering. This one is at Amber's with the girls. It will be fun as always. Next week I have work parties, one for just us and another where we go out to eat with Dr Hardy. It is kinda sad though, since our party will really be a going away party for Paige. Her last day is next Friday. Even though she drives me insane, I will miss her terribly. She is like my incredibly annoying little sister. Then we get to have a super party with the book club on Friday. I am so excited about that since I was sick and had to miss last time.

Oh well, I promise I will try to not wait another 2 weeks before I post again. I am sure I will have all sorts of party stories to share.

4 comments:

Arlene G said...

glad you are back...I miss reading your blogs.

Jaime said...

your dancing over that purse will forever be etched in my memory!! i love your sweet comments about noah. it made me a little teary eyed!! love you!

Anonymous said...

i would love to see a pic of your owl tree! you should take a pic and put it on here!

azhulsey said...

We are all just weepy about little Noah :) I have been bad about not blogging as well...not because I don't have the time but just that nothing has been going on! Can't wait to see you friday at book club!