Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Questions about Books

Anyone who knows me knows that I am the ultimate bookworm. I read anything and everything all the time. So when Amelia's mom posted this book survey on her blog, I knew I had to share.

1. Name a book that has changed your life? Well, first off I can't name just one. Of course the Bible is a given. There are 2 more very pivotal books for me though. The first is Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. This was the first "real" book I ever read. I wrote a book report on it when I was in the 9th grade and I fell in love with it. The other important book is "The Wives of Henry VIII by Allison Weir. I bought this book with my birthday money when I was 16. It was the first book I bought that cost over $20, LOL. It was the first historical book I read and again, I was totally hooked. I have been obsessed with British history ever since.

2. What book have you read more than once? Ok this one is funny because there is no possible way I could tell you every book I have read more than once. It is probably in the 100's. I will say that I can reread the Harry Potter books over and over again and find something new in them every time. I will never get tired of them.

3. What book would you want to take to a desert island? This one is tough for me too. I want to take all my books with me. I couldn't possibly pick just one. I would have to take all my Harry Potter books, the complete works of Shakespeare & the Bible. That should keep me occupied for awhile, lol

4. What book has made you laugh? When I was little I always loved the Ramona books by Beverly Cleary.

5. What book has made you cry? Anything by Nickolas Sparks is sure to bring out the tissue. !!! I don't think I will ever read The Notebook without sobbing.

6. Which book do you wish you had written? Well first I want to write my own book. But other than that, I would love to take credit for Harry Potter or for Twilight. I would love to continue the Harry Potter books into that 19 years between the end of Deathly Hallows & the Epilogue plus some about the next generation too.

7. What book do wish was never written? I think every book ever written serves some sort of purpose, be it good or bad. Censorship is something I feel extremely passionate about. If I was forced to choose one that shouldn't have been though it would have to be Mein Kampf by Adolph Hitler. This book is where he voiced his horrible views and led to the extermination of millions of innocent people.

8. What book are you currently reading? Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier

9. What book are you meaning too read? Again too many to count. I am really looking forward to reading The Other Queen by Phillipa Gregory.

10. What is your all time favorite book? There is no way I could pick one. Heck I have trouble picking 10, LOL. I will just hit a few of the high points. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott: Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell: East of Eden by John Steinbeck: all 7 Harry Potter books: Books 1 and 3 of the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer: The Other Boleyn Girl by Phillipa Gregory: The Kennedys and Fitzgeralds by Doris Kearns Goodwin and many many many many more.

I hope everyone will share their favorites too. Have a super day !!

2 comments:

Arlene G said...

True readers would have a hard time with this mem e. Kendall was helping me type this comment.:) I know that I could have listed many other books as well!

nancy said...

I enjoyed it! I'm going to do it too, before the week is out.
I stopped in just in time for the beginning of Bohemian Rhapsody. Beautiful!
Nancy