Sunday, September 21, 2008

Week in Review

I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend. I know that all my Alabama fan friends definitely have. ROLL TIDE !!

This week has been fairly quite. For some reason I have felt like crap all week. I have been feeling just totally drained, like I could sleep for days. I am hoping after taking it easy this weekend that I will feel better this week. Work is work right now. Things had gotten really stressful for a week or so for no really good reason. Everyone just seemed to be on edge and really snippy. We sat down and had a talk and I think the mood will be better. I think we were all just feeding off each other's funk right now. I think that is the price you pay for working with 4 other people in a fish bowl. You have to get along with each other or life is pretty miserable.

We had the first real meeting of our super book club on Friday night. We had SO much fun. All the girls are so funny. We really seemed to click well. I don't think I will ever look at boy shorts or wet towels quite the same way again after our conversations on the Bunny Tales. I am excited about our new book called The Pact. I have never read it but I have heard of the author. I definitely think it will be a better read than the last one. We put off our next meeting until November. The next time we meet, there will be 3 new babies in attendance. That will be so much fun !! I also really appreciate all the great encouragement and feedback from the girls on my writing. It really means a lot to me for have that support for something that is really near and dear to my heart. It really is a dream of mine that I have had ever since high school. I have kept it hidden for a long time because I felt I wasn't good enough. Who knows, maybe one of these days the can read one of my books and tell me what they think. That would be awesome.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week and posts some new blogs. We are slipping girls !!!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

i can't wait to read one of your books!! hopefully, i will one day read harry's books so that i will understand everything.
i'm so glad that y'all are joining in on book club. i love having my circles together!! i had so much fun (even though i didn't look it!!) and i really hope y'all did too.

Arlene G said...

I really enjoyed The Pact by Jodi Picoult. Some of her books are really good and some are just not for me. I do look forward to having an autographed Christy Harp book on my bookshelf.