Thursday, January 1, 2009

Reflections for the New Year

Hello all. I hope everyone has had a wonderful New Year's so far. I didn't do anything special last night. Just worked in my scrapbook room and then read for awhile before I went to sleep. New Year's eve has never been a big deal for me. Today I watched the Rose parade and then watched football. Now that is a fav part of the day. I promised I would be back today to talk about goals for the new year. Please note that I don't use the word "resolution". For some reason I hate that word. To me, it has the same connotation of the word "diet". Both seemed doomed to fail. That is why I prefer to call my aspirations for the new year "goals" instead. That way they don't have that bad luck name attached to them. So here it goes.

-- I will stop feeling sorry for myself. This includes beating myself up, thinking I am not good enough for something or someone and all related nonsense. I believe this is my absolute worse quality and it is what is holding me back from my dreams. I have to get past myself, then anything is possible.

--I will focus on my writing. I feel I am being called to do this. I always have but I have always been crippled by fear. I am tired of denying things. I am tired of being afraid. This is something I really want and I am going to try my best to go after it.

--I will share my creative gifts more. I have so many ideas and plans for gifts and cards and such but I never seem to get them done. I always have an excuse. Deep down, again it goes back to me judging myself and thinking nothing is ever good enough. I am just being stupid. So I plan to shut up and use the massive studio I have built and stop assuming that everyone will laugh at what I do.

--I will work on radiating a positive energy where ever I go. I don't want to be a downer. If you think positive thoughts, then you will get positive thoughts in return.

--I will let my friends and family know how essential they are to me. I don't want to just assume that anyone knows how much the mean to me. Everyone should be told they are loved and often !!

well that is the gist of my plan. I know they all sorta sound alike but they aren't really. I am just so worn down and tired of feeling bad or not good enough. I have come to realize that no one can help me with this. I have to find peace and love within myself. I am really going to put all my energy toward this. I hope that everyone else will share their goals too. That way we can all support and help one another. I know we will have have a fabulous 2009 together.

2 comments:

Arlene G said...

Please keep up your writing..you do have a gift. Also, your beautiful scrapbooks etc are so impressive..wish I had that tallent.

Anonymous said...

good goals christy. i meant to put down the one about being more positive and forgot!