Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thursday Musings

Hello everyone. I hope you are having a great week so far. My has been pretty busy. It is very strange to be working without Paige around. I never realized how quiet Kelly and I are until Paige left, lol. Evidently, she was even louder than we thought. I really miss her though. We are interviewing a few people today and tomorrow but who knows if they will work out. I would rather we keep struggling along just me and Kelly than hire the wrong person. When you work so close with just a few people, it really has to be the right fit to work. Lord knows, we have had the wrong ones here before and it was miserable. Maybe one of these folks will work out. I am also excited about a 2nd sorta job I have taken on. There is a new chiropractor in Decatur. He just graduated from school in May and he is starting to build his practice. He doesn't know ANYTHING about the insurance or business side of things though. So starting Saturday, I am going to go try to help him and his assistant understand the baffling world that is insurance. He is a super sweet guy, I almost feel guilty for getting paid to help him.

Other than that, not much is happening this week. I need to get back to selling stuff on Ebay this weekend. I took several weeks off during the holidays. I still have quite a bit of scrapbook stuff I need to get rid of. Lord knows I need the room in my studio. Speaking of which, I have been working really hard on cleaning and organizing in there. Hopefully I will have some pictures to share this weekend. That way folks can see where my creative magic takes place, lol. I am also working on character outlines for my first book. I thought it would make sense to try to put down all the basic facts about the characters before I start to write the stories. Keep in mind, these characters have existed in my head forever. The main ones have been around since I was about 16. It is so very surreal for me to write these names down. I know it sounds corny but they have existed in my head for so long that to see something tangible on paper freaks me out a little. Please bear with my madness as I try to work through my fears. Writing still terrifies the crap out of me. It is by leaps and bounds the most personal thing I could ever do. I really appreciate all the love and support. I don't want to let you down.

I think I will end today with a quote. A few weeks ago at work we received a sample of a pocket calendar from some printing company. I kept it so that I would have one to put in my purse for 2009. I was going through it today putting in birthdays and such and I realized they have quotes from all sorts of famous people on each week. I squealed when I saw that the quote for this week was from none other than my beloved J.K. Rowlings. Her genius now ranks up there with former presidents and philosophers. Plus, this happens to be one of my favs from all her books.

"It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is one of my favorite HP quotes too! the other is when Dumbledore says the time is coming to choose between what is right and what is easy.
good luck with the book.....i know it will take a lot of time to finish but it will be so worth it in the end! you might make a kazillion dollars off of it! just remember the little people when you do.....lol.

Arlene G said...

Hang in there on the writing...cant wait to read your book!