Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Daddy !!


I wasn't sure if I would have time to blog tomorrow so I wanted to be sure to add this one tonight. Tomorrow is my dad's 70th birthday. I can't believe it, it sounds way older than I see him as. This is a very special picture to me. It is the only picture I have of my dad as a baby. He is the one on the right, with the hand holding him up. The other baby in the picture is his twin sister Betty. She died when they were only 4 months old of SIDS, My grandmother always said I looked like Betty but I think it was just wishful thinking on her part. She also joked with me all the time that I would have twins someday, because it skipped a generation. I guess I should be thankful that isn't really an option for me right now. I don't know if I would be ready for 2 little people right now. I hope to blog again later in the week. Hope everyone is well.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

What a neat picture! That's very sad about his twin sister. I've always said that I want twins. I think it would be fun but I don't really know if I could handle it. Happy Bday to your dad!

Jaime said...

hope your dad has a very happy birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

I don't see your dad as 70 either! wish him a happy birthday for me!