Sunday, March 29, 2009

B is for..............

I know, I know 2 days in a row. Shocking isn't it. I am really loving the whole alphabet thing so I decided to go ahead with B. This one has several great things !!!

Book Club Girls - When you started the book club Amanda, it was one of your best ideas ever. Our meetings are one of the highlights of my month. It is a great group of amazing, beautiful strong and funny women. I am honored to call all of you my friends.

Boleyn, Anne - If I could meet any historical figure, it would be Anne Boleyn. For those who don't know, this was Henry VIII 2nd wife and Queen Elizabeth's mother. She was pimped out my her family to further their own political gains. She seduced the king of England and inspired him to change the religion of his entire country just so he could marry her. Then, when she didn't have a son for him, he had her killed. I have always adored her. I have probably read 5 or 6 books about her. Her story is better than any soap opera or reality show ever could be. If you don't know her, I suggest you read more about her. You won't regret it.

Brian - This person holds a special little corner in my heart. He was my first love, my best friend in high school....well he was EVERYTHING to me for a long time. With distance and wisdom I can think about him without all the pain of a broken heart. He was the first person who called me a coward and challenged the way I looked at myself. He gave me courage before I knew I needed it. He was also the first person who thought I should be a writer. He harassed me for years about it. I told him once that when I published my first book, I would dedicate it to him. I plan on keeping that promise. God Bless you my friend. I hope you and family are very happy.

Books - in case you didn't know, I love books. I love the way they smell, the pretty dust covers. There is nothing better than a brand new unopened book. It is so full of possibilities. You never know what you will find between the covers. Some people want to take books digital, reading them off their phones or blackberrys. NO NO NO. Nothing will ever replace the sensations of the book. Don't even try. It is a waste of time.

Tootles for now. I am off to finish my laundry. Hope everyone has a great Monday. Just think J, only 2 days to go!!!!!!

3 comments:

Jaime said...

I totally agree about the Book Club Girls!!! I have too much fun when we're all together. Trust me girl, I am all too ready for those two days to come and go!

Anonymous said...

YAY Christy! You are on fire! I also love the book club. it is always super fun!

azhulsey said...

Thanks, but I can't take credit for the whole book club thing. It was the idea of many! It is the best part of my month also :) And I agree...I would love to meet Anne Boelyn. What an amazing person. No one could create a story like that.