Monday, January 17, 2011

Remember Me ????

Long time no see right, can you believe it?? I have been so woefully neglectful of my blog the last few months. It was crazy around the end of the year. Purple Treasures has just taken off like wildfire in the last 6 months or so. I am sending my helper to the post office with 15 or 20 packages or more a week. During late November and December, he was going 3 times a week. I am so thankful for all the success. It doesn't leave a lot of time for blogging and other such things though. I follow a dozen or so blogs daily but do such a poor job myself. So one of my goals for the new year (I refuse to call them resolutions) is to be a better blogger. My dear friend Jaime found a 30 blog challenge that I loved so I am going to use it to get back in the swing of things. Here is a list of what to look for, I have made a few changes from the original:

Day 1-Introduce, recent picture, 15 interesting facts
Day 2-Meaning behind your blog name
Day 3-Your favorite things
Day 4-Your parents
Day 5-Your Friends
Day 6-A picture of something that makes you happy
Day 7-Favorite movies
Day 8-A place you've traveled to
Day 9-A picture of your friends
Day 10-Something you're afraid of
Day 11-Favorite tv shows
Day 12-Something You have Made
Day 13-Goals
Day 14-A picture you love
Day 15-Bible verse
Day 16-Dream house
Day 17-Something you're looking forward to
Day 18-Something you regret
Day 19-Something you miss
Day 20-Nicknames
Day 21-Favorite Picture of yourself
Day 22-Favorite city
Day 23-Favorite vacation
Day 24-Something you've learned
Day 25-Put your iPod on shuffle, first 10 songs
Day 26-Picture of your family
Day 27-Pets
Day 28-Something that stresses you out
Day 29-3 Wishes
Day 30-a picture

So here we go with day #1 Introduce myself and give 15 random facts about me. I will not be including a picture because I HATE all pictures of myself. I would just rather talk, lol. My name is Christy Allison Harp and I was born February 10, 1974 in Decatur, Alabama. My parents names are Bobby and Jean and I am an only child. I have worked as the insurance clerk/office manager for Dr Laron Hardy for a little over 5 years. I also have my ever growing and expanding business, Purple Treasures on the side. Here are some random, sometimes odd, things about little old me.

1. I hate being an only child, I think it has made me a little crazy. The responsibility you take on
as your parents get older is very stressful too when you are the only one.

2. I believe in ghosts

3. I hate hot liquids in any form. No coffee, tea or soups for me. YUCK !!

4. I have never owned or ridden a bicycle.

5. I drink way too much Diet Dr Pepper for one person

6. I currently subscribe to around 20 magazines. It is an addiction I have had for years, lol.

7. I was dysfunctionally cripplingly shy and withdrawn until I was about 19 years old. I was
afraid of everyone and everything and worried myself sick. It was pretty miserable.

8. If I went back to college today, I would have a double major of Graphic Design and History

9. I could eat pizza everyday and be happy

10. I would gladly spend my lunch money on a book

11. I have never been to a concert, unless you count band, which I don't, lol

12. I really hope to write someday. I have characters in my head that have been there for years
and years. I would love to tell their stories.

13. I am too honest and tend to say the first thing that pops in my head. It is my worst fault I
think.

14. I am fiercely loyal and protective of the people that I love

15. I am obsessed with British history, especially the royal families.

So I think that is it for day one. Let's hope I can keep this up. I challenge everyone else to take part too. I would love to read everyone else's

5 comments:

Arlene G said...

Glad to have you back!

Jaime said...

I did not know about the bike! I am so glad that you are back in the blog world!

Anonymous said...

glad you are keeping bobby busy! lol! this is a neat challenge...i will see how you and jaime do with it before i decide if i will do it or not!

shoppingjordanonline said...

ct


Back From ‘Vacation,’ Lil Wayne Returns to Reclaim His Perch



UNIONDALE, N.Y. — Just before Lil Wayne, a k a Coach Outlet
Coach online , went to jail last March, he took on a new nickname, Lil

Tunechi. It seemed ungainly at first, awkward sounding and unrevealing. Plus: what rhymes with Tunechi?

Nuisance, stupid, Stooges, sushi, pollution, substitution, movies, Jacuzzi, juicy: all Coach Backpacksthat assonance is in just the first few

seconds of Lil Wayne’s verse on Chris Brown’s “Look at Me Now,” one of his best since Lil Wayne’s release from Rikers Island on

Nov. 4, and a reminder that when he’s so inclined, he can weave words like few Coach Tote Bags.

When he left for jail, he was the most popular rapper in the country and also, at times, the absolute best, a dynamo of intricacy,

exuberance and swagger. But much changed during Lil Wayne’s “eight-month vacation,” as he’s called it. His protégés Drake and

Nicki Minaj took over hip-hop’s center, though neither had the specific manic energy of the boss. And bombast returned to the

genre, in the form of Rick Ross and Waka Flocka Flame.

None of that mattered, though, on Sunday night at Coach

Wallets
here when Lil Wayne’s “I Am Still Music” tour arrived for the first of two sold-out shows. For almost two hours Lil

Wayne was vibrant in a performance that was less a show of progress than a reassertion of primacy.

Lil Wayne is the only star of his generation, save Kanye West, who can consistently fill rooms of this size. Before Rikers, he was so

deep into his winning streak that he was on the verge of an experimental phase, as heard on the sometimes noxious rock album

“Rebirth” and the intermittently appealing odds-and-ends collection “I Am Not a Human Being.”

Unknown said...

I love your blog and ll the lists...i think I'll have to get organized and start doing some lists too. Maybe I'll get something done! :) keep blogging!! :)