Friday, January 1, 2010

January Begins with a J

Ok, so here I am keeping to my word and actually blogging for 2 days in a row. Right it down folks, because lord knows how long I will keep this up. So in honor of the new year I bring you J and all its fun.

Jaime - of course I would have to start the letter J with her. I have known J for quite a long time now, it will be 10 years this spring I think. Wow, time has really flown by. We didn't get along all that well when we first met. I am weird and Jaime doesn't do meeting new people very well so it took us a little while to warm up to one another. Now, I love her like a sister. I was so proud to be in her wedding and be around to see little Noah come into this world. Though she doubts herself, Jaime is one of the strongest, hardworking people I know. I am amazed at her ability to work, go to grad school and take care of a husband and child all at the same time. Love you bunches J, I aspire every day to be a little more like you, and hope I never make it on your "disappear" list, LOL LOL.

January - as I covered yesterday, this is my least favorite month of the year. Maybe because it so cold and drab. I just have to spend a lot of time chasing off the mulleygrubs this time of year.

Jewelry - If you have ever seen me, then you know I love me some shiny things. I have been this way ever since high school. I was totally miserable at the grocery store because I couldn't wear rings or bracelets because they got in the way. I have WAY more jewelry than one person should. I could probably wear different stuff everyday and go on for weeks without wearing the same thing twice. I am not a snob about it though. I would wear million dollar earrings with a $5 necklace from Claire's. I know what I like and just like to mix it all together. But rest assured, no matter how much I have own, it will ALWAYS match, lol

Jane Eyre- Wow, this is one of my all time favorite books. I consider this to be the first "real" book I ever read. When I was in the 9th grade I was totally absorbed in all those teeny series books I used to get from Scholastic, like Couples or Cheerleaders or something like that. So Mrs. Smith told assigned us a book report and I knew better than to try to pick several pages of literary commentary out of Sweet Valley High so I went in search of something new. Initially, I admit I checked Jane Eyre out because I loved the gold embossed dark red leather cover of the copy in our school library. When I read it, I totally fell in love with this sad little girl and her search for herself and her romance with Mr. Rochester. Gotta love the Bronte sisters for some dark gothic romance. I highly recommend it. I consider it one of the essentials of mine.

J.K. Rowling - I think if I was ever privileged enough to get to meet Mrs. Rowling in person, I would fall to my knees and do a very poor Wayne's World imitation of "I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy" !! LOL LOL In my mind, authors don't come any more gifted or brilliant. When you read Harry Potter or watch the movies and to think that this whole wonderful world and all these characters came out of her imagination, even if you aren't a fan, you have to respect her talent. She is, in my opinion, the greatest living author today. I can't wait to read whatever she comes up with next. But wow, can you imagine the pressure. I mean seriously, how do you follow up on Harry? The stress must be incredible.

Ok, so there is my rambling on the letter J. I will try my best to keep up the new fond blogging habit. I will be thrilled if I can manage once a week at least to keep on the lookout for me. Have a great weekend. Happy 2010 !!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"J" is an awesome letter! I love how you referenced Cheerleaders and Sweet Valley High all in one blog! I pretty much wanted to BE Jessica Wakefield. LOL!!!

Jaime said...

thanks for the sweet words!! you know i love you mucho and I am so proud to call you one of my best friends. sorry i don't do new people!

Arlene G said...

Had to chuckle at your JK Rowling reference...totally agree!! Glad you are back!

azhulsey said...

Great post, Christy! That Jaime is pretty awesome, isn't she? I hope this is a good January for you!