Monday, March 17, 2008

The story of the name

First the good news. I finally listed some items yesterday in my new etsy store. Ok, so its only 3 items but it is a start. Everyone please go check them out. I am also putting out a post on myspace today to let all my friends know what is going on.

It has occurred to me that people may want to know where the name "purple treasures" comes from. Well, I guess you can thank my girlfriends for that one. Years ago, when I was setting up my ebay account, I couldn't come up with a user name that wasn't already taken. I answered a series of questions about favorite things and favorite colors and it came up with purpletreasures. When the girls found out, they thought it was the funniest thing ever. The car that I drove for over 10 years was purple and the horrid circa 1992 prom dress I wore was also purple. So they of course started referring to both as purpletreasures and so the name stuck. When I was trying to come up with a name for my new business, I just decided to go with something that a lot of people already associated with me.

Hope everyone has a great Monday. I am totally swamped at work. Hopefully I will have some more goodies in the etsy store later this week. Be sure to check them out.

2 comments:

Jaime said...

i am proud to be part of the purple treasure legacy!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I'm a sucker for purple... I had to come check out your blog when I saw your avatar on etsy. Welcome to Etsy! And to blogging! You have some cute kits in your shop! I hope you enjoy being part of the etsy community!