Monday, June 7, 2010

Random Musings on the MTV Awards

I know, I figure people thought I had forgotten how to blog. I really don't have a good excuse other than not enough time or laziness, both are pretty accurate. I watched most of the MTV awards last night and had several tidbits on my mind, so I thought I would share.

- I don't understand the appeal of those Jersey Shores people AT ALL !! The whole pre awards show was nothing but a big commercial for their new season. I am so sorry, but anyone who finds those horribly tanned icky boys attractive needs to have their heads examined. And don't even get me started on the girls.....definitely not a show I will be watching....it might melt my brain

- I can't help but feel old anytime I watch one of the awards show on here now. They always have people that I have never heard of. I consider myself a fairly well read person and I follow more gossip than is healthy...but there are still folks I have never heard of. Of course when you listen to most of them talk or sing...then you know why some people have no idea who they are.

- What the crap does Katy Perry see in Russell Brand....sorry....just don't get it

- I am so tired of everyone being so mean to Kristen Stewart. Yes, I know she is an odd little bird but I can't help it, I like her. My lord, she is only 20, she is just a baby. I can only imagine how scary it must be that every time you step outside you have crazy people calling your name and flashing cameras in your face. Yes, I know she is getting paid well for it, but that doesn't make it any easier to handle. I just wish people would stop being mean and just understand she is a shy awkward girl still trying to figure out her stuff.

_ My love for Robert Pattison remains...love the shorter hair..I can't wait to see his new movie with Reese Witherspoon, Water for Elephants. It is the next book on my to read list.

- Is is really essential that every other word be an f bomb. I mean I in no way claim that my language is perfect, far far from it. Also, an occasionally well placed f bomb can be humorous in certain situations. But last night was WAY over the top. I don't know that I have ever heard so many bleeps in one tv show. Seriously people...expand your vocabulary a little.

- Has anyone ever seen a better group of nominees than that for best male performance. Robert Pattison, Taylor Lautner, Channing Tatum, Zac Efron, and Daniel Radcliffe.......that list is a cougar's dream, LOL LOL

Ok, so that is rant for the day. I just had to get all that out. Now I can move on with my day. I really hope to start blogging more regularly, but I know myself better than to make any promises :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am with you 100% on the Jersey shore, Russell brand, and the overusage of the f-bomb!!! I cant handle any mtv awards anymore...but i cant wait for eclipse and hp7!!!!!!!!

azhulsey said...

Yay for blogging! Now if we can just bring Melanie and Jaime out of the woodwork we will be doing good. I agree with just about everything you said...especially the cougar list. Literally laughing out loud at the accuracy of that statement! The whole cast of the Jersey Shore show has got to be an embarrassment to the population of New Jersey. The only thing that could make it worse would be for Danielle from Housewives to join the show! hahahha I can't wait to see you next week!!!!