Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Horrible Awful Very Bad Blogger !!! Plus contest !!

I am going to admit to it right now, I have been a horrible blogger. I am have not posted in over a week. I guess all I can chalk it up to is feeling overwhelmed. It is so hard to work full time and pursue my crafty passion on the side. I am still working hard to get the etsy shop up and going. There have been issues with international shipping and bad pictures, but I am working on those.



If anyone has only tips on better close up, detailed photos, please send them too me. I am getting a lot of feedback saying my pictures are horrible, sniff sniff.



Hopefully, since I have a long weekend this week thanks to the boss's trip to Disney World, I will get lots more goodies put on etsy. In the meantime, I want to do a little something special for my blogging friends. Just send me a comment and next Tuesday 04/08, I will draw for a special goody bag. Who knows what sort of treasures could be in it. I guarantee you won't be disappointed. Have a great day all !!

9 comments:

femputer said...

hurray for goody bags! :D I have some photography tutorials on my blog. I'm no expert, but these are pretty basic tips. Cheers!

Smarty Pants said...

take a break when you need one and never feel guilty about it!
I hope you day was great! Tomorrow will be even better!

Liz said...

it is just too much, blogging etsy, ebay, flickr, photoshop 1o1o1o1o11111ooooo111oooo1o1o1o1ooo11o1o1ooo1111ooo11oo1o

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

I love goody bags!! PS I have heard that photos are crip and clearer if taken outside on a sunny day.
Barbara

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Picture taking and fixing is a major challenge! I am constantly trying to better my photog skills. I think practice helps, natural lighting, and using the macro on your camera. But, I'm really not that good so don't listen to me! LOL

I'd love to be entered into your drawing--I love goodie bags!

Smiles, Karen

Bunny B said...

Don't take it too hard on yourself. Chin up, things will get better :)

As for photography tips, I'm no expert, but you'll need a good camera to start with (no cameraphones). Good lighting is key. If indoors, do it near a window with ample natural lighting and have a white background (you can use white paper). For close-ups, use the macro setting. You can find tips online. If you have a photographer friend, maybe you can ask a favor :)

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

If you have a scanner you can scan your flat or almost flat items...

I have trouble with the point and shoot cameras, I get blurry results.

I tri-pod helps too. You can get a cheap one for less than 10 bucks at Walmart...

Anonymous said...

Poor thing! I feel a tad overwhelmed keeping up with promoting and running the shop and being a new mom and going to school full-time...Inever have time to craft. I feel your pain!

As for the picture taking, natural lighting is best.It doesn't hurt to add interesting props and styling, suggesting uses or attitudes in your shot's setup, and maybe using a homemade lightbox. Macro is good, too. Just mix t up, experiement, and get to know your cam's white balance.

Very cool blog...I'll be back to read again Good luck and take a deep breath and keep up all this creativity!

Taleri said...

With so many other hings to do, blogging an easily go by the wayside. It's ok. POst when you remember.